How a Humidifier Can Help You Breathe Much Better
is not important that you can only have respiratory issues only if you have a medical problem. Respiratory issues can simply be because of dryness in the air around you. When the air around you is dry, your skin and your nasal passage get dry, which is why sometimes you wake up with an extremely dry mouth and cough for no reason. It is advised to keep your home’s humidity level between 30% to 50%. Using a humidifier or a steam breathing machine can relieve chronic runny nose, nose bleeding, asthma, allergies, sinus congestion and dry throat.
What is a Humidifier?
A battery operated humidifier device increases the humidity level or moisture of the air in an indoor area. Increasing the moisture of the air makes it easier for breathing which is also beneficial for the lungs. Humidifiers are of different types and sizes according to the need and area for which it is to be used.
Humidifiers can be used in Homes, Hospitals, Commercial buildings and Industrial spaces as well.
Types of humidifiers:
There are various types of humidifiers in the market available. Humidifiers come in different sizes and types according to the needs of the consumer and the size of the area for which it is being used.
- Evaporators: This type of humidifier blows moisture through a moistened filter. The humidity or moist air is pushed out of the space with the help of a fan.
- Central humidifier: These humidifiers are built directly into the heating of the air conditioning system of your home and control the humidity level of the entire area. These humidifiers are usually the most expensive.
- Impeller humidifier: This humidifier creates a cool mist that is circulated in the room with the help of disks that rotate at a high speed.
- Steam vaporiser/ Humidifier: These vaporizers are battery-. It heats the water and then cools it off before circulating it into the room. These are portable and can be moved from one room to another according to the need.
- Ultrasonic Humidifier: These humidifiers work like the impeller humidifier and circulate cool mist in the room with the help of ultrasonic vibrations.
Risks of humidifier:
- Everything that has benefits also comes with some kinds of risks. Some of the risks that are associated with using humidifiers are as follows
- Excess use of a humidifier can cause damage to the walls of your house. This is one of the most common issues associated with humidifiers.
- The humidifiers must be cleaned properly, unclean humidifiers can promote the growth of various kinds of bacteria and microorganisms.
- The humidifiers that use heating techniques to work if not used under proper guidance can cause burns. It is important to use the humidifier cautiously with children around.
- Humidity must be maintained according to the prescribed percentage, excess humidity in the atmosphere can cause breathing issues and can be very harmful, especially in case of asthma and allergies.
Cleaning and maintenance of humidifiers:
- Change the water regularly: It is important to change the water of your humidifier regularly to prevent the growth of bacteria that grows in standing water. The water storage area after 3-4 days.
- Change Filters regularly: If you have a central humidifier, change the filter as suggested by the manufacturer or at least once a month.
- Check the humidity level: check the area’s humidity level regularly as excessive humidity is also bad for the lungs and skin. High moisture levels can trigger allergies and breathing issues.
In the end, it doesn’t matter what kind of humidifier you use but it is important to use one to lead a healthy life. Every humidifier has different properties and features to fulfil the need of different kinds of areas. Before starting the use of a humidifier it is advised to take suggestions from an expert on the level of humidity that you need and the types of humidifiers that are required. Proper use of a humidifier can help you ease all the issues regarding skin and breathing.
If you are looking for a steam breathing machine or the best humidifier in Australia feel free to contact Mypurmist where you can shop for the top quality humidifiers. Explore now!